Cornell Regains E.I.L. Lead As Dartmouth Nine Loses

Cornell, idle in League competition until her June series with Dartmouth, regained top position on the Eastern Intercollegiate baseball circuit when Dartmouth dropped from the lead to third place, winning two and losing two in a gruelling four-game week. With the League tournament entering its final stages, Princeton, Dartmouth, and Yale are fighting it out as challengers of the Big Red supremacy. Statistics beer out the neck-and-neck race, as the leaders are bunched, with only Harvard and Columbia appearing to be outclassed.

After taking a 3 to 2 decision from Harvard and aplitting a twin-bill with Pennsylvania, Dartmouth lost a 9 to 8 battle royal to Yale, and no, with six wins and four defeats, faces its two successive-day June tilts with the League-leading Ithacans.

Princeton a Threat

Princeton's Sophomore hurling ace, Roy Talcott, undefeated in or out of the League, gained his fifth tournament win when the Tiger batsmen crashed through with seven runs in the thirteenth frame to break a 7 to 7 deadlock and to move themselves into second position. Facing Pennsylvania this Saturday. Bill Clarke's Nassau team, never a winner in the history of the League, is able by beating the Pennsylvanians to move into a first-place tie with Cornell. The Tiger campaign would then be fought out in the June series with Yale.

Yale, a definite challenger with four wins and three defeats, faces Columbia at New Haven on Friday and then moves into her Harvard and Princeton battles.

Kaye Leads

In individual competitions, the races are wide open. Yale's Howie Kaye continues to hold an edge in slugging (for the Charles H. Blair bat) with 11 safe blows in 23 at-bats and a.478 average.