Booters Face Clark Today

Soccer Team Out to Repeat '41 Victory

Smarting from the 2-1 defeat at the hands of the Freshman squad, the Varsity soccer eleven squares off against Clark University this afternoon at 1 o'clock on the Business School field. The same ten veterans, plus Sophomore Goalie Thompson are slated to take the field today as started last Saturday's romp over Tufts.

Coach MacDonald planned little change in his tactics in facing a Clark aggregation that is untested in the current season. The return to action of forward Jack Dixon, plus the outstanding showing of fullback Cary Giles and goalie Mike Keene were the feature of the practice game against '46, and the three former second stringers may see quite a bit of action against the squad from Worcester.

Clark Seeks Vengeance

Clark is anxious to avenge last year's 6-1 defeat at the hands of the Crimson, and comes here armed with a veteran squad. Though the visitors look relatively tough on paper, this is their opening game, and little is known of the actual power that may lurk on the blue and white bench.

However, Coach MacDonald is taking no risks and is using the same starting lineup that was so successful against the Jumbos last Saturday. But aside from Giles, Dixon and Keene, there are other men who were lights in the dark in the midweek humiliation, and thus stand an excellent chance to see action. Herb Allan and Bill Butcher, both halfbacks, and Lou Vorhaus, another forward, will be on hand to bolster the Crimson attack.

At the same time, the Freshman squad will meet a group of British sailors on Business School field B. The Yardlings are riding the crest of an emotional wave, after the aforementioned win, and seek their first official victory of the year.

The Harvard lineup:

Goalie, Thompson; fullback, Harbisin; fullback, Killam; halfback, Slingerland; halfback, Clarke; halfback, Butcher; outside forward, Calhoun; inside forward, Drake; center forward, Murphy; inside forward, Gifford; outside forward, Burman.