RALLY FRIDAY OPENS ATTACK ON BIG GREEN

Harlow, Forte, Nelson to Speak Before Varsity Club

Turning out in full force to meet the challenge of the Indians, Harvard's undergraduates will congregate tomorrow eyeing in front of the Varsity Club for the year's first pre-game rally.

As the first gauge this season of collegiate support for the team, the success or failure of the rally is considered by the coaches to be highly important in determining the outcome of Saturday's encounter. And, considering the power that the Big Green is bringing down this year, they say that the rally is doubly vital.

A year go the situation was almost exactly the same. The Indians came down to Cambridge billed as one of the top teams in the East to face a twice-beaten Crimson eleven.

Then three centuries of indifferent Harvard men were tossed about in their graves as a mammoth football rally showed the "Hanover hoodlumns" that college spirit can come without "a barrel of New England rum."

Peabody Did It Then

With that to inspire them, Peabody and his playmates went out and pulled the first of their weekly upsets by smearing the Big Green 7 to 0.

Tomorrow night's program is a reproduction of the one that worked so well in 41, except for the torches that went out with the dimout. The band will assemble in the Yard at 7:30 o'clock and wind through the Houses, arriving in front of the Varsity Club at about 7:35 o'clock.

After songs and cheers under the direction of head cheerleader Charles H. Morin '43, Varsity manager David E. Place '43 will introduce the speakers.

"Swede" Nelson, who starred on the unbeaten eleven of 1919 and later served as backfield coach under Eddie Casey, will be the featured speaker, it is hoped. Captain Don Forte, Russ Stannard, and Coach Harlow will also talk briefly, while the entire team will take bows.

Morin and Harlow plan to have two or three more rallies, with the Princeton game the occasion for one of them, and the Army or Brown contests, or both, pulling students into the courtyard in front of the Varsity Club.