BROWN EDGES JAYVEE FIVE

Bruins Win by Margin of 2 Points in Seesaw Struggle

Floyd Stahl's improving Jayvee-Freshman squad saw another court thriller snatched out from under their noses last night, when the Brown cubs topped the combination group 53-51, in a seesaw battle that was not decided until the last ten seconds.

Opening with a first half scoring sprint the Crimson JV's romped to a quick 12 point lead, only to have the margin disintegrate in the face of a steady Bruin counter-attack. Dick Eder and Dick Forster, the former an all-Missouri Freshman, and the latter a recent acquisition from Varsity ranks, paced the aggregation in its attempt to fight off the Brown surge.

Leads at Half

Going into the second half with but a three-point lead, the JV's kept neck and neck with the five from Providence, and led until midway in the last period. But a brace of closing shots provided the margin of victory for the visitors, and gave the home quintet its second two point defeat in five days.

Eder and Forster led the Crimson attack with steady play and a display of passing that showed that the club has excellent promise. The entire team, with but three weeks of practice under its belt, showed concerted offensive strength, and a fair, but improving defense.