NTS HOOPSTERS TO FACE HARVARD NAVAL ROTC

Amazing Five Meets 1st College Talent

Some evening in the near future, a Naval ROTC basketball team will face the Harvard Naval Training School squad in a game at the Indoor Athletic Building.

The undergraduate squad will boast of Varsity stars, Dean Hennessey and George Dillon, as well as Jayvee members, Bob Bunten, Don Gesson, and Henry Moulton. The idea of NROTC basketball squads was conceived by Chief Technician Frank Patrick, former All American football player at Pitt and head of Navy Sci athletics, and heartily approved by Captain G. W. Barker, head of both the ROTC and NTS.

The NTS outfit completed its official season with a record of 12 wins and 6 losses. It competed in a big elimination tournament at Worcester, but was defeated 51 to 31 in its first game by the Rennaissance club, which claims the title of Colored Champions of the World.

The sailors did score a 46 to 44 victory over the Boston Coast Guard squad which is supposedly the best team around Greater Boston. It took the Yardlings two overtime periods to turn the trick but they finally did it.

The team has received and invitation to face the coast Guarders again, and negotiations are now under way to match the two quintets for a big Navy Relief double header in one of the big halls in Boston.

Eddie Donovan was the star of the CG game, sinking the basket that sent the game into overtime and the one that iced the game. He and Saul Nechtem, former BU star will be on hand for the contest with the ROTC.