CLASS OF 1945 GOES TO POLLS TODAY, TUESDAY

To Elect Secretary, 9-Man Committee

From ballots of 30 names that will be distributed in all the Houses today and tomorrow, the Class of 1945 will select its Secretary and Permanent Class Committee. This will leave only the Class Day Committee to be chosen after the war.

Voting for this election will be conducted in the Houses and in Dudley alone, it was announced by Robert M. Hart '46, Student Council member. No ballots will be distributed in the clubs. All Class members who live out-of-House, further-more, must leave their votes with Hart in Adams House E-42, since those collecting ballots in the House dining halls will accept ballots only from those who live in that House.

Changes Made

Hart emphasized that changes had been made in the method of voting over previous years, in order not to deprive unsuccessful candidates for Secretary from possible election to the permanent committee. Under the new system, all nominees for Secretary are automatically up for selection to the committee.

Members of the Class should therefore cast their vote for secretary, and then consider the other nominees for secretary for membership on the committee exactly on the same basis as those who were nominated only for the committee.

Another innovation this year is the increase in size of the permanent committee to a membership of nine. This step was taken because the Class Day committee was not being chosen at this time.

Five of the nominees were added by petition, Hart stated. Results will be announced in Wednesday's Crimson.

This election will be the second time in a few weeks that the Class has gone to the polls to choose its class officers. Normally, these elections would not be held until the Senior year.