Degrees to Be Conferred on 87 At Commencement on June 29

Ceremonies to Be at Tercentenary Yard

Commencement plans for seniors in Harvard College were announced today by Dean Hanford, while general arrangements for the Commencement ceremonies on Thursday, June 29, were made public by Dr. Reginald Fitz, the University Marshal.

The smallest number of candidates for the degrees of A.B. and S.B. for over 50 years, only 87, will receive degrees. Thirteen of the candidates are from the Class of 1944, 62 are from the Class of 1945, and four belong to the Class of 1946.

Eights candidates for degrees are members of classes prior to 1944. Fourteen men are members of the V-12 Unit and of the NROTC. Bachelor's degree in the College, numbering 280, have been granted previously in the academic year 1943-44. In November, 146 degrees were awarded and in March 134 degrees were granted.

Exercises to Be in Tercentenary Theater

Seniors who are candidates for degrees; in caps and gowns, dark clothes, or dress uniforms, will assemble under the direction of their respective marshals before 1:30 o'clock between the Memorial Church and Thayer Hall for the procession into the Tercentenary Theater, where the exercises will be held.

Candidates for degrees this June and those who received degrees in November or March many apply in writing at 4 University Hall by 5 o'clock on Thursday, June 22, for four tickets. Undergraduates who expect to graduate at the end of the Summer or Winter Terms are entitled to two tickets.

V-12 and NROTC men may apply at 4 University Hall for one ticket. Men who received degrees earlier in the academic year in November of March will not need tickets for themselves but may join the procession of Alumni which will form in the order of Seniority in the Sever Quadrangle.

No Baccalaureate Services

Baccalaureate services have been given up for the duration. The Reverend Henry B. Washburn, D.D., Dean Emeritus of the Episcopal Theological School and Vice-Chairman of the Board of Preachers, will, however, recognize the presence of College Seniors during the service on Sunday, June 25