Hub Colleges Organize Movement To Push World Government Cause

In a drive to organize New England students for the world government movement, undergraduates from Harvard and five other colleges in the Boston area met last night at the International Student Center in Radcliffe to reinstitute last year's Interstudent Council for World Federation.

Representatives from Harvard, Tufts, Weliesley, M.I.T., Radcliffe, Wheaton, Winsor School, and Newton High School voted early in the meeting to affiliate with the national organization of Student Federalists and to bring prominent speakers to the New England colleges. Plans were made also for organizing local chapters.

Efforts to form a world government discussion club here are at present being considered by a small group. Howard Buchler '49 has talked with members of the administration, who have put forth the idea of forming one large international affairs organization of which the Student Federalist group could be an independent subcommittee.

Van Doren Spoke Against U. N.

Largely under the leadership of the Wellesley Student Federalists, the Inter-student Council last spring sponsored a meeting in Sanders Theater at which Mark Van Doren spoke out strongly against the United Nations as presently instituted and called for world government and an end of national forces.

The newly formed Student Federalists Regional Council for Now England, which was the name the Interstudent Council adopted, resolved to lend their efforts towards getting a favorable vote on referendum number one in Massachusetts elections. The referendum puts the state on record for strengthening the United Nations in the direction of a world government.