Relay Teams Set To Begin Season With Race Today

Squad Will Hold Practice Runs Against Brown, Rhode Island In One and Two Mile Events

Part of the Varsity will get a chance to show its speed this afternoon at 4 o'clock when Coach Jaakko Mikkola's two relay teams take to the Briggs Cage track in a practice meet with Brown and Rhode Island State College.

None of the three squads has turned in any public records this season; so premeet predictions were not in order yesterday among the coaches or followers of the Crimson cindermen. The Rhode island. Rams, however, who cleaned up in cross country this fall with 15 point scores, are traditionally strong in the running events and can be expected to put both the Crimson mile and two-mile relay teams to a tough test. The Bruins are bringing only one team, a quartet for the two-mile event.

Leading off with the baton in the two-mile will be Waldo Lyon who will clip off an 880 and send Cliff Wharton on his way. Arnold Edelman will run in the third slot and Frank Gurley, in the anchor position, will finish.

In the mile, Jim, Wheeler will carry for the first quarter followed by A1 Ruby, David Hamblett, and anchorman West Flint. On Saturday the whole team will get its first tryout in a full scale practice meet with Tufts at Tufts.