B. U. Vandals Daub Houses

An clusive carfull of B. U. students paid a surprise visit to Cambridge shortly before 2 o'clock this morning, leaving a trail of red paint and posters proclaiming a mammoth B. U. football rally tomorrow night.

After lettering the doors of Leverett and Winthrop Houses with eighteen-inch scarlet B's and U's the vandals bedecked House squash courts with 2-foot-high characters.

Yard police were unaware of any subversive activity until a phone call informed them of the paint-and-poster attack. Several student night-owis reported seeing a car containing four students at various points along Mill Street.

Fresh paint was discovered by police after the visitors had departed from the Yard, but was easily removed before it had dried.

In an effort to stop further damage, Yard police, reinforced by prowl cars from the Cambridge police, were stopping all pedestrians in the area surrounding the Houses and in the Yard. They demanded bursars cards for identification.

Resistance to the invasion stiffened about three quarters of an hour after the paint first appeared, when half a dozen undergraduates, led by Thomas R. Morse '48, of Lowell House circled Soldiers Field in an ancient automobile. They met no marauders, it was reported.

At Eliot House, the oak-pannelled front door of John H. Finley, master of the House, was bedecked with another pair of the scarlet letters.

At one point it was thought that the daubers were heading in the direction of Soldiers Field with the intention of lettering the concrete work there. Yard police, however, threw all available men into the area and no damage was reported from the sector