How to Find Princeton, N. J. In Only Five Simple Lessons

Princeton is an historic little village in central New Jersey. It has a population of 7,000. Tourists may reach it by any of five methods.

There are train, bus, airplane, car, and the University Travel Service. By any of these systems, a trip consists of two distinct steps: (1) the pre-New York or "New England" stage, and (2) the post New York or "Middle Atlantic" stage. Sometimes there is a third, the New York or "whiskey" stage.

A New Haven train leaves South Station at 3 p.m. today and arrives in New York at 7:43 p.m. At 9 p.m., connections can be made for the 10:11 into Princeton Another coach leaves Boston at midnight tonight, reaches New York at 5:30 a.m. and hits Princeton at 8:12 a.m. If you miss that, there's a train out of the Hub at 12:45 a.m. arriving in New Jersey at 9:19 a.m.

The only conveyance without stopovers leaves South Station at 6 p.m. today and hits Princeton at 12:35 a.m.

Special Trains

The Pennsylvania Railroad will run special trains out of New York every few minutes from 10:45 a.m. Saturday to 11:45. The trip to rah-rah land takes an hour.

Greyhound buses leave Boston for New York every hour on the hour, but getting from New York to Princeton isn't so easy. The best bus schedules are: 1) Leave Boston at 1 p.m. today, arrive New York 9:35 p.m., and arrive Princeton 12:55 p.m. 2) Leave Boston at 9:00 p.m., arrive New York 5 a.m., and arrive Princeton 7:51 a.m.; 3) Leave Boston at midnight, arrive New York 6:55 a.m., and arrive Princeton 10:31 a.m.

Airlines go no further than Newark, and from there on, depend on the Pennsylvania Railroad. American Airlines has only one flight today, leaving Logan Field at 5:45 p.m., and reaching Newark at 7:37 p.m. An 8:03 connecting train brings you to Princeton at 9:19 p.m.

Eastern Airlines has a plane today at 2:35 p.m., you'll make Princeton by 5:56 p.m. after a 13-minute stay in Newark.

Watch for Elizabeth

After watching New York by traditional methods, cars should head for the Holland Tunnel and follow U. S. Route 1 over the Pulaski Skyway and down through Elizabeth. South of New Brungwick, a short road cuts off to Princeton. There are signs all along the way.