Princeton Blanks Tennis Team, 9-0, In Year's Finale

Although Princeton's tennis team had little trouble in racking up a 9 to 0 triumph in the Varsity's net finale Saturday, Jack Barnaby's squad is still plenty happy about its season's results.

Despite its decisive whitewashing, the Crimson tennis team wound up a relatively successful campaign this weekend, by virtue of its ten-and-two season's record, quite an improvement for a team that could only gather two wins all last year.

Saturday's loss to the Tigers followed a second unsuccessful attempt to play Yale. After rain had postponed the match from Wednesday to Friday, a deluge poured down at New Haven as the match was reaching its midway mark. Yale held a 2 to 0 lead, but Crimson players were ahead in three of the other seven matches.

Strong Princeton Team

Saturday's Tiger tilt was a case of complete domination all the way down the line by Princeton, as all but one of the six singles encounters were swept in straight sets.

Captain Ted Backe's match with Tiger ace Billy Vogt, a nationally ranked player, was typical of the afternoon's play. Backe could offer little resistance to the swift, alert play of his opponent, going down in speedy 6-1, 6-3 sets.

In the doubles the Tiger again made a clean sweep of things, garnering two of the three matches in straight sets.