Meyer Speaks On Menace of Atomic Bomb

AVC Follows Talk with Action On VA Ruling to End Vet Aid For 'Non-essential Education'

Hot on the tail of the announcement of the Russian bomb, the Harvard branch of the American Veterans Committee and the World Federalists tonight bring Cord Meyer Jr. to Harvard to examine the "Consequences of Soviet Atom Bomb Production."

Meyer will speak at 7:30 p.m. tonight in Sever 11. Meyer is a former president of the World Federalists, and a founder and national officer of the AVC. He is at present a junior fellow of Harvard.

Following the meeting, the AVC will hold a regular membership meeting in which it will consider action on the much-attacked Veterans Administration Instruction 1A which cuts short all educational aid to veterans who are taking "recreational or avocational" programs.

Instrumental

The Harvard chapter of the AVC has already been instrumental in having Instruction 1A postponed until November 1.

Roy F. Gootenberg '49 1GPA, chairman of the University chapter of the AVC, has announced that his group will fight with all its strength against the VA ruling.