Series Fans Look for Video

Though crowds have surged in and around the Yankee Ticket Offices at the Stadium and A. G. Spalding (Fifth Avenue) in an effort to procure the elusive opening-game-of-the-series ducats, local fans can take advantage of excellent television facilities in the quest for seeing-it-all-happen. These facilities include Adams, Lowell, and Winthrop Houses and the Union, which offer television in their Common Rooms.

Local bistros also feature video, but experienced hands advise getting a seat at the fountain long in advance and being prepared to drink enough to satisfy the understandably commercialized managements.

Cambridge pub-owners were smacking their lips in anticipatory glee, and crowding barroom stools more closely together for the television fans.

The game, which starts at 1 p.m., will be carried on all TV networks. WNAC will carry the radio burden. The CRIMSON, following its annual policy, will post running box scores on its Plympton St. blackboard, as the game progresses.

Coaxial cable will carry today's game further than any previous series, but the threat of rain may cloud up reception.