Council Gives $305 Fund to NSA for Year

Delegation Can Support Itself, Poskanzer Believes; Hoover Committee Granted Charter

The Student Council appropriated $305 last night as partial support for the College National Students Association delegation until October 1950.

Then David C. Poskanzor '50 offered an informal evaluation of the NSA to Harvard. He said that it was his "firm conviction that unless the College delegation becomes completely self supporting the Council should stop sponsoring it."

"Many of the NSA projects turn in services rather than money," contended Frederich D. Houghtelling '50, concluding that "therefore self support should not be a necessary condition for NSA's existence."

Three Years of Expense

Poskanzer, who attended the first national NSA convention three years ago, admitted that the services are "very good" but he thought that in three years NSA had had time to prove itself.

Of the $305, $245 was for national and regional dues of various types, $50 for publicity for purchase card sales, and $10 for a convention travel pool.

The Council last night also approved the charter of the Harvard Committee for the Hoover Report, a group of students organizing to "acquaint the Harvard community with the purpose of the Hoover Report." In a similar action, the Council unanimously decided to allow the Russian Club to change its name to the Slavic Society.