Tigers Defeat Polo Team by 1 Point 16-15

The polo team came back from New Jersey yesterday after dropping a close 16 to 15 decision to Princeton in an indoor battle which saw two extra chukkers.

The count was tied 11 all as the clock ran out on the fourth chukker, and was still tied at the end of the first overtime when the score stood at 14 to 14. Goals by Randy Tucker and Pete Manigault sewed up the game for the Princetons, in spite of a last minute score by Crimson captain Walt Reveraggi.

Harvard surged ahead at the outset of the contest, sparked by player-coach Sandy Calhoun, who raced up three first chukker goals. Calhoun was top scorer for the Crimson with seven tallies to his credit. Allen Ellis of Princeton, however, with eight was high scorer for the game.

Although the team led at half-time by a score of 6 to 4, it bowed before a Tiger offensive in the third chukker when Tucker and Ellis scored twice each.

The lineups: Harvard--Morgan Davis 1, Bandy Calhoun 2, Walt Beveraggi 3; Princeton--Randy Tucker 1, Allen Ellis 2, Pete Manigault 3.