Seniors Receive Letters Urging Early Start in Post Graduate Job Hunting

Every senior will receive a letter from the Student Placement Office today reminding him that he may soon have to go to work. The form letters, mailed out over the weekend, are a regular feature of the Placement Office's annual drive to help graduating students get the kind of jobs they want.

"Plan Early"

John W. Teele '27, Placement Office director, last night stressed the need for seniors to start thinking about their post-graduate "job campaigns" early.

He noted that Donald S. Bradshaw '44, assistant director of the Placement Office, recently returned from a conference of personnel officers and industry representatives, and reported it is going to be harder for students to get jobs this year than ever since before World War II.

Bradshaw added, however, that "employers . . . are interested, as always, in men who know what they want to do and why they want to do it."

In order to accommodate the expected increase in requests for aid from student job-hunters this year, the Placement Office has expanded its Weld Hall plant. Alexander Clark, formerly a personnel director at Rockefeller Center, Inc., has joined Teele's staff as all assistant director.