Council Asks Again for Navy Oath Info; Threatens Action

New telegrams went to the Chief of Naval Personnel and the Navy Judge Advocate General last night when the Student Council threatened action on the Naval ROTC loyalty oath if the information requested in its first telegrams is not received by Monday night.

In the telegrams sent December 2, for which they have received no reply, the Council asked for information on how the "stool pigeon" clauses are filed in Washington and how the information contained in them will be used.

If an answer is not received by the time the Council meets this Monday, it will discuss plans of action which include:

1) Trying to get the Navy to delete the provision, which requires all Navy men, including College NROTC students, to report any people they have seen at gatherings of "subversive" groups.

2) Trying to get the University administration to take a positive stand against the clause.

The CRIMSON received an answer Thursday to some inquiries it had sent earlier this month. The Navy announced that it had decided not to alter the clause.