State Department Officials Discuss Government Jobs

Three high officials in the State Department will fly to Harvard today for the term's seventh Career Conference, which will analyze vocations in Government and Foreign Service at 8 p.m. tonight in the Winthrop House Junior Common Room.

Charles C. Concannon of the Office of International Trade, H. B. McCoy, Director of the Office of Domestic Commerce, and Christian M. Ravndal, Director General of the Foreign Service, will all speak at this evening's meeting. Dean Payson S. Wild of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences will moderate.

Harvards Abound

In a letter to the Office of Student Placement earlier this year, Ravndal stressed that the Foreign Service "cannot help but be interested in Harvard men for the simple reason that there are so many of them among us.

"There are nearly twice as many Harvard men in the Foreign Service as from any other college or university," Ravndal revealed, adding that "this is quite a showing in a field that I know from personal experience to be highly competitive."

Tonight's forum is next to the last in the current series. A meeting on "The Business of Writing" at Lowell House Tuesday, March 29, will terminate the spring meetings.