Brass Band May Perform in Union

A 14-piece German brass band my replace Smoker campaign posters as a feature attraction in the Union after Christmas vacation, if the Union Committee approves. Joseph J. Cacciotti '54, who formed the Yardling band, hopes to give weekly concerts from the balcony of the Union.

Cacciotti will conduct the group, which is composed of some of his freshman colleagues in the University Band. The German horn-blowers wish to perform for the freshmen during each Wednesday evening meal with programs of light classics.

Favor Band

Daniel L. Ritchio '54, chairman of the Union Committee, and Jack J. Nousner '54, secretary, are in favor of the project. Both believe that the Committee will approve the band concerts at its first meeting after the vacation.

The band members are: Dallas L. Corser, Oscar H. Will, Karl L. Zener, and David S. Feingold, clarinets; Charles S. Lipson, Murray K. Rosenthal, and Richard A. Bohannon, trumpets; Richard C. Hermann and Peter D. Hardy, trombones; Frederick L. Hall, tuba; Stewart G. Levine, French horn; Theodore H. Johnson, baritone horn; Quincy A. Sanders, saxaphone; Peter Strauss, piccolo; and Cacciotti, conductor.