Yale, Tiger Nines Threaten Cadets In League Battle

Yale, still in the running for the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League title, will have a chance to improve its fortunes this afternoon when it travels to Ithaca to meet Cornell.

The Elis and Princeton are the only teams which still have a chance to catch Army. The Cadets have finished their season with a seven and two record. Yale has two games left, one with Cornell and one with the Crimson on June 21. Princeton has only tomorrow's Dartmouth game left on its schedule.

Caulfield in Batting Race

From the standpoint of individual statistics, tomorrow's game is important to Crimson Captain Johnny Caulfield. Caulfield is now third in league batting with a 414 average. Leading the league is Bob Haley of Cornell with 440. Both men have one game left and as it now stands Caulfield with 12 hits for 20 times at bat can still overtake Haley who has 11 hits for 25 at bats.

Ira Godin, who set a league strikeout record last year with 88, can end the season in second place in the pitching department. Army hurler Jack Mackmull has four wins and no losses, while Godin has two lone victories.

Cliff Crosby, with eight runs batted in, is third in that department, behind Army's Ted Lobe and Princeton's Bill Fairchild.