Young Progressives Will Fight to Remain Active

Intend to Campaign For Party Leaders

By David C. D. rogers

The Young Progressives are fighting against time. With the elections three weeks away, the club--now officially extinct after two years of sputtering existence--must secure immediate University recognition to be able to campaign in the College for the Progressive Party candidates and platform.

Tomorrow the CRIMSON will publish the highlights of the Young Progressive Club's stormy carrier.

Following a rapid check last night, Nicolai Cikovsky, Jr, '55 claimed he will file with the Dean's Office within ten days the required list of ten or more members.

Student support of similarity liberal organizations seems also to be waning. Only four members attended the Peace Council's policy meeting last week, and the council-sponsored speech by John A. Kingsbury, National Chairman of the Council of American Soviet Friendship, received a cool reception Tuesday. The Peace Council stands for "international peace through negotiation."

Last week Dean Watson's office sent one Y.P. member, who wished his name to be withheld, a mimeographed letter requesting him "to bring up to date our record of your officers and membership ..." So far the club has not replied.

The Y.P.'s are also still unable to find the two required faculty or alumni "advisors." Last year they secured two, anonymously.

Korea Cease Fire

For the next three weeks, Y.P. activity will center on campaigning for Progressive party candidates Vincent Hallinan for President, Mrs. Charlotta Bass for Vice-president, and Florence Luscombs for Governor of Massachusetts.

The Y.P.'s will endorse the Progressive party platform. According to Cikovsky, the club wants an immediate cease-fire in Korea, withdrawal of all troops, and then civilian arbitration. "The cost of the war in human lives in not warranted," he said.

American and U.N. recognition of the Peoples Republic of China is another plank: "whether we like it or not, the Communist government is the government in control."