HUERA Has $1,000 Deficit For Last Year

University maids and janitors found their union still in the black at a protest meeting of the Employees Representative Association last night. But they also learned that their organization lost approximately $1,000 over the past year and a half.

Daniel G. Mulvihill, president of the HUERA, presented an auditor's report in answer to president charges of mismanagement. The report, first in three years, showed a balance of only $252.

Although a large group of University janitors had petitioned Mulvihill for the report, only 60 HUERA members attended the pre-election day meeting. They took no action other than the appointment of a committee to study constitutional revisions.

Everything Fine

After the meeting, Mulvihill said, "We're in the black and everything is on the up and up."

Kenneth Slokum, chairman for the representatives and unofficial negotiator for the disgruntled janitors, said he was satisfied with the report as of now, but added, "Where will we be at this time next year?"

A large segment of the petitioners said they had gained next to nothing by the meeting, and spoke of greater control over the union's management. Slokum, however, replied the committee will first have to study the constitution and recommend changes.

Pro-Mulvihill janitors have recently charged the AFL with plotting to destroy HUERA through a barrage of corrupting rumors. Edward T. Sullivan, president of the Building Service Employees International of the AFL, last week denied any action against the University union.