Pennsylvania Hands Quintet 10th Straight Ivy Loss; Yardlings Win

Ernie Beck and Penn handed the varsity basketball team its second defeat in two nights, beating the Crimson 92 to 52 in Philadelphia Saturday night. It was the Crimson's tenth straight Ivy loss. The freshmen downed the New Hampshire J.V. 59 to 58 in two overtimes.

Beck scored 31 points to raise his league leading total to 220. He scored 45 against the Crimson last time for a new Ivy record.

The varsity was never in contention, as Quaker captain Don Scanlon and Beck controlled both backboards for a 23 to 7 first quarter advantage. Scanlon was second high man, with 21 points. Penn kept hitting and dominating the boards to run up a 44 to 21 half-time lead.

Gerry Murphy sparked a third quarter Crimson comeback, an the varsity onescored Penn, 17 to 16. Murphy was high scorer for the quintet, hitting four field goals and six fouls for 14 points. Bill Dennis was second man with 12 points.

Five Yardlings figured well in the scoring to make the New Hampshire win a real team victory, the freshmen's south straight.

Kenny Woodman, Paul Shaw, and Disk Manning counted for eight foul shots in the two overtime to sew up the game. Manning, who scored nine points, was the Yardling star, dominating both bash boards.