Track Team Subdues Green, 77-63, for Fourth Straight

The varsity track team won its fourth straight dual meet Saturday by upsetting a strong Dartmouth squad, 77 to 63. The Yardlings also kept their undefeated record intact with a 90 to 50 win.

Pete Dow and Bob Twitchell led the varsity scorers with ten and nine points respectively. Dow won the 100 and the 220, while Twitchell was second in both hurdle races in addition to a close place in the 100. The Green's top bardler, Pete McCreary, just managed to edge Twitchell in both hurdle events.

Ed Grutzner, Ronnie Berman, and Dave Cairns all turned in good performances. Grutzner boat the Green's Sam Daniell in the quarter with a time of 49.4, while Berman loafed to an easy 880 win. Cairns turned in the day's most exciting win defeating Dartmouth's Mike Morrissey in the mile. The time of 4:24.9 was Cairns' best of the season.

Phil Pratt throw the discus 140 feet 3 inches to take an important first, while Bob Mello scored eight points by taking the pole vault and a second in the broad jump.

Bob Curran in the hammer and Gil Murray in the shot were the other Crimson winners.

Bob Rittenberg, Jerre Kneip, and Lee Hard swept both hurdle races to provide the freshmen with a sufficient cushion to coast to their decisive win. Rittenberg scored 18 points in the meet.