Nine to Meet Elis for Three Games

After losing to Boston College, 3 to 2, on Thursday and edging Williams, 4 to 3, on Saturday, the Crimson nine will try to boost its post-exam record into the black at New Haven today. The varsity will also be fighting for' an edge in the year's series with Yale. On May 4 they split a doubleheader with the Bulldogs.

Saturday's win against Williams was largely due to Pat Groper's pitching. But Coach Stuffy McInnis was not completely satisfied with the victory. While the pitching was good, the hitting wasn't. "We're not hitting the ball," commented Stuffy, "and it's lost us seven games already." The Crimson coach added that he night put Bernie Akillian, who has been the victim of a batting slump, back in left field and bench Al Switzer.

The Crimson has also been hurt by Russ Johnson's failure to hit in the last few games. Only Ralph Robinson and Captain Charlie Walsh have been consistently pounding the ball. On the other hand, the team pitching has been good.

McInnis will probably start John Arnold, who beat Yale, 11 to 7. The game will not count in the Eastern League standings; the Crimson is firmly buried in last place, only one game below Yale.