Faculty Votes Tuesday On Extension of Hours

Three-Hour Saturday Addition Only Change to Be Made; Approval Considered Sure

Further parietal rules revision, to allow women in House rooms on Saturday afternoons, will come up for a vote at the Faculty meeting Tuesday.

Under the recently revised set of rules, passed by the Faculty on December 2, the only afternoon during which women were allowed in the Houses was Sunday.

The hours for Saturday guest privileges are now from 4 to 11 p.m. If the proposed amendment goes through, the hours will be from 1 to 11 p.m. Other hours will remain the same: weekdays, 4 to 7 p.m.; and Sundays, 1 to 7 p.m.

The amendment, if passed, and the new rules will go into effect with the spring term, at the discretion of the Housemasters, as always. The Housemasters have already postponed putting the new rules into practice until next term.

New Rules Hit

There was sharp comment from students when the new rules were announced over the taking away of Saturday afternoon hours. Many said they would rather have these than extended hours in the evening. The proposed amendment is ostensibly trying to make everyone happy.

Other critics clamored for the reinstatement of all afternoon hours, claiming they studied in their rooms with women. There is no indication that further relaxation of the rules is being considered.

University Hall officials yesterday expressed confidence that the present proposed amendment will go through.