Crimson Harriers Will Close Season in IC4A Meet Today

Encouraged by its showing in he Heptagonals last week, where it took a surprisingly close third behind Cornell and Army, the Crimson enters the 45th annual IC4A Championship Cross Country Run this afternoon.

Van Courtland Park, N.Y. will provide the five mile course; starting time is three p.m.

Last year's winner, Michigan State, Penn State, Georgetown, and Syracuse are team favorites. The outstanding Eastern teams well probably be Cornell, Yale, Army, and Harvard, in that order. New England teams rated well are the University of Massachusetts, Northeastern, and M.I.T.

While the varsity doesn't figure to threaten the leaders, it should finish better than last year's 15th place finish.

Sidelight interest will center on the individual performances of Cornell's Jack Rosenbaum and the varsity's Hal Gerry, one-two finishers in the Heptagonals. Last year's Eastern champion, Jim Olive of Army, could finish no better than 12th in this national meet. The Army team, however, which led the Eastern teams, finished second in the IC4A standings.

Last Meet for Seniors

Seniors Gerry Hubie Maguire, and Emil San Soucie, who have been the mainstays of varsity cross country teams for the past three years will be running in their final met for the Crimson. Bill Engs, another senior, will be absent because of illness.

Other Crimson starters are Frank Nahigian, Jerry Whatmough, and Don French, the sophomore who surprised everyone with his third place finish in the Heptagonals.