'29 Officials to Weigh 'Free Enterprise' Fund

Robertson Disturbed By Sensationalism In Post's Writeup

By J.anthony Lukas

Officials of the Class of 1929 will hold an "emergency" meeting in Boston soon to consider a recent proposal for a special class fund to be donated to the University on condition that it rout out, "subversive professors" here.

First Class Marshal Arthur E. French '29 last night told the CRIMSON that the meeting would give "very serious consideration" to the suggestion made by Kenneth D. Robertson '29 in a letter he sent last week to all 950 members of the class.

Contacted yesterday, Robertson commented that he was disturbed by the sensationalist fashion in which the Boston Post treated the story yesterday. He said John Fox '29, publisher of the Post, was very eager to print the story as soon as he got the letter.

Restraint Agreed On

Robertson said he told Fox last week that he didn't want the story printed now. Fox insisted, but agreed, said Robertson, to play it with "restraint." "I'd like to know what he means by restraint," Robertson said.

Robertson said last night he has received 31 replies to his letter, with the ratio running about two to one in favor of his proposal for a "Free Enterprise Fund" and an alumni "watchdog committee." Many alumni, he said in the letter, have told him they would double their gifts if Harvard would clear out is "pinks."

Robertson also emphasized he did not intend his fund to be in competition with the regular 25th Reunion Fund, as the Post suggested in its story yesterday. In his letter, however, he said the choice between the two funds would be "illuminating."

Forrester A. Clark '29, Third Marshal and head of the special gifts division of the Reunion Fund, said yesterday he did not think the funds would conflict. If they do, he said, he would support the regular one, because "Harvard is a lot bigger than a few red professors."