Favored Crimson Track Team Treks To Brown Today

The varsity track team, with shuffled entries, meets Brown today at Providence, favored over the Bruins, but unsure of their power.

At the same time, the Crimson freshmen will run against the Brown freshmen and Hope High School in a triangular meet. This meet was scheduled at the last minute when Andover cancelled its meet with the Yardlings.

Pete Dow, Herbie Collins, and Charlie Arena will run for the Crimson in the 100 and 200, as coach Bill McCurdy expects to rest four-event man Bob Twitchell. Twitchell, who ran the dashes as well as the high and law hurdles last season, will confine himself to the hurdles.

Sophomore Bob Rittenburg will run with him in both, and might beat him one. Lee Hurd will compete in the highs, and Bill Weber will be the third Crimson entrant in the lows.

Warren Little's illness and Paul Grand's disinterest have forced McCurdy to shuffle his strong mile relay team. Roger Gratwick and Pete Coker, however, will probably team with Rittenburg and Al Howe to form an all-sophomore team.

McCurdy has switched Jack Richards from the 880 to the 440 and Guide Perrera from the 880 to the mile. Dave Ingle will run the 880 instead of his usual mile.