Student Council to Suggest Equal Standing for Claverly

In its final meeting of the year, the Students Council last night went on record favoring the elevation of Claverly residents to an equities position with all other House members.

Housemasters meet today to iron our details of the new Claverly setup of individual House "entries." The Council will submit its recommendations to the Masters prior to this meeting.

In three separate votes, the Councilmen urged (1) that parietal rules be standardized and more or less equalized with those of the Houses (it was stated that at present Claverly "enjoys" freshman parietal rules): (2) that resident tutors be substituted for proctors; (3) that Claverly men be allowed to take out books from House libraries.

President Paul D. Sheats '54 outlined Council plans for next fall. At the fore front of activities will be an attempt to evaluate the effect of Congressional investigations on University faculty and students.

Also planned are reports on the tutorial system and freshman advising, the House applications system, and impending changes in hygiene department rates.