Navy Second Team Downs Cornell, 14-0

Cornell, the Crimson's football opponent this coming Saturday, failed to stop Navy in their 14-0 defeat, in the only non-Ivy League encounter over the weekend among the Crimson's 1956 opposition. The strong Navy squad started its second string, yet Cornell failed to threaten once during the contest. Its defense, however, was excellent in spots, and once stopped a 74-yard Middie scoring march on the one yard line.

Princeton unveiled a new running star, Tom Morris, in throughly trampling a hapless Columbia team, 39 to 0, for the Lions' second straight Ivy loss. Columbia's star quarterback and passer, Claude Benham, received a brain concussion late in the first quarter to further dampen Columbia hopes.

Penn ended a 19-games losing streak in three years of famine by dumping favored Dartmouth, 14 to 7. Quarterback Rich Ross carried the load for the Quakers with a befuddling mixture of sneaks and passes, one of which was good for a 25 yard touchdown.

Yale rebounded from an earlier shaky 19-14 win over Connecticut to stop easily Brown, 20 to 2. Denny McGill and AlWard, the Eli "touchdown twins," piled up most of the Blue yardage, each scoring once.

Stahura was shifting, Marv Lebovitz, who had a concussion, hiked the ball past Stahura who never saw it. By the time he woke up, Tufts had recovered on the 8 from where it easily scored. Abrahamian plunged from the four.