HDC, Aaron to Open Seminar in Directing

Seeking to secure "enough directors with the training necessary to make good use of the Loeb Drama Center," the Harvard Dramatic Club and Steven Aaron '57 have instituted a new workshop in directing, Joel F. Henning '61, President of the HDC, announced last night.

Aaron, who directed the widely acclaimed HDC production of Hamlet and Death of a Salesman, will conduct the workshop. The first meeting will take place tomorrow at 5 p.m. in the Quincy House Common Room.

Using one or three-act plays as a foundation, Aaron intends to discuss problems in preparation of scripts, casting, rehearsal techniques, and other problems in directing. He hopes to find five or six actors who will be "guinea pigs" for the prospective directors.

Aaron noted that the role of the director was often the hardest to fill in under-graduate productions. He hopes that workshop members will gain enough experience to direct experimental, and even regular productions.

Membership in the HDC is not necessary for participation in the workshop, according to Henning.