Freshmen Ban Dates, Slate Ice Skating, For Radcliffe Riot

Radcliffe freshmen are all going to have an affair on Saturday, Feb. 10.

The affair, recently named The Radcliffe Riot, will consist of an afternoon and evening program of ice skating, supper, dancing, folk singing, and entertainment.

To keep the all Harvard-Radcliffe event from becoming too formal, the sponsoring Freshman Class Committee decided yesterday to sell tickets at 50 cents a person and invite both boys and girls to come stag. Anyone feeling strongly about bringing a date may, with difficulty, purchase a couple ticket for two dollars.

The one day function will replace the traditional, and generally unsuccessful, Freshman Weekend at the 'Cliffe.

Ice skating and assorted other outdoors-in-the-snow activities will be held on the Cambridge Common beginning about 4 p.m., if the ice there is hard enough. Watson Rink is being kept as an alternative.

Warmth, refreshments, and supper in Agassiz will follow the afternoon athletics, with an informal dance, folk singing, and entertainment afterward. Most of the specific details of the program have not yet been worked out.

Class Committee Chairman Roberta R. Bates '65 appointed administrative committees yesterday.

Tickets will go on sale probably at the beginning of exam period. They will also be available at the door of Agassiz jus