Swimmers Will Meet Penn Tonight

The varsity swimming team meets Penn tonight at 8 p.m. in the I.A.B. Unless you are a hopelessly addicted swimming fan, don't bother to go. Time trials at practice would probably provide more excitement.

Penn is in a dead heat with Columbia for the celler berth in the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League, and at present the Quakers should wind up an almost uncontested last. Navy beat them 76-19; Yale was about ten points more kindhearted.

Only the diving should be close today. Jay Shelton has looked quite good for the Crimson in the last few meets, and he seems an even match for Penn's biggest point winner Fisher. But in the swimming events Penn will be lucky to pick up a few scattered seconds They have virtually no chance to win an event.

Quaker captain Slater is by all odds the star of the Penn Squad, but tonight he will probably finish ten seconds behind the Crimson's Harry Turner and George Mulligan in the 440, his specialty.

There really is no point in going into the painful details; the Crimson will swim every man on the bench--and still win by thirty of forty points.