NEW ACTION GROUP

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

At yesterday's meeting of the United Ministry at Harvard and Radcliffe I reported the formation of an ad hoe Harvard committee associated with Americans for Reevaluation of Far Eastern Policy. I reported also that I had committed the United Ministry as the approving organization for posters about ARFEP.

I am happy to announce that the Ministry confirmed my action. We have made our office available to the committee and have encouraged our individual members who share the purposes and accept the discipline of ARFEP to send statements to the CRIMSON indicating their interest and the nature of the support they shall offer.

Since I am the agent of the United Ministry responsible in the area of Civil Rights, I am obligated to respond to any reasonable appeal for counsel or support from Harvard people or organizations. In my private capacity as a person and as Presbyterian University Pastor at Harvard I am wholeheartedly in support of ARFEP. I shall work for its program and I invite all who desire to seek peace to join me. Those who might disagree I invite to talk with me. This is the most important issue since the beginning of the civil rights movement. Richard E. Mumma