Boxing Finalists To Meet in IAB

The intramural boxing tournament moves into the finals today, but Quincy and Holworthy have already clinched the House and Freshman divisional championships.

Be sure to watch Ricardo Wilson and John Youngs at 175. Wilson, Adams' only Analist, is a picturebook boxer, and is one of the college's finest counterpunchers. He has taken the championship each time he has entered. Youngs drew a bye in the semifinals yesterday.

Another good fight shapes up at 145. Dudley's Jack D'Arey, who lost narrowly to Owen Hanley last year, takes on Bill O'Day of Levorett, another intramural veteran. D'Arcy, a very methodical and consistent boxer, bear O'Day in the semifinals last year.

Quincy Strengths

Quincy's main strength is in the middleweight classes; they have qualified all four finalists, guaranteeing them 16 points. Fighting at 155 are Bob Coleman and Kim Johnson, and at 165, Bob Raymond and Mike Holland.

Eliot's Dave Naplor and Dudley's Dave Massey pair off at 125, and hard-punching Steve Crosby of Eliot meets Winthrop's Steve Roper in the 135 pound class. Dave Hockman is uncontested at 135, giving Dudley an automatic five points. Withrop's John Peterson and Leverett's Steve Sohn will vie for the heavyweight championship.

The bouts begin at 3:30 p.m. today in the gymnasium on the top floor of the IAB. The fights will take place under intercollegiate rules which prohibit cheering or jeering while the fight is on. Each match will consist of three rounds of two minutes each.

There will also be seven freshman bouts. Holworthy has qualified six boxers for the finals.