University Urged To Support End Of S. Africa Aid

A spokesman for the Students for a democratic Society last night urged the university to use its influence with corporations in which it is a stockholder end American dealings with South Africa.

In interviews with WIIRB and the CRIMSON, Nathaniel Stillman '63, vice-president of SDS and chairman of the Boston Committee to End U.S. Support Apartheid, said that if the University came out publicly against trade and investment in South Africa, it could have a important effect in the American, business community.

Not Aware

People around here aren't aware of the University's involvement in corporations and banks with dealings in South Africa," Stillman said. "Members of the Harvard Corporation and Board of Over- are officials of U.S. companies involved directly with the South African government and South African business." For example, he said one of the factors of the First National Bank of Boston is a University Overseer.

SDS is planning to picket the First national and other firms dealing with South Africa on March 19, the fifth anniversary of the killing of 63 Africans by South Africans at Sharpeville.

SDS charges that U.S. business has create a booming South African economy "based on oppression and ex-"

Not Aware

Not Aware