Young Politicians Journey to D.C.

The Harvard Young Democrats and the Harvard Young Republican Club will take their annual pilgrimages to Washington, D.C. next month.

Fifty-five YD's will spend April 5-7 talking to Supreme Court Justices Earl warren, William O. Douglas, and Hugo Black, Senators Clinton P. Anderson (D.N.M.), Stephen M. Young (D-Ohio), George S. McGovern (D-S.D.), and Joseph Tydings (D-Md.), and Attorney General DeB. Katzenbach.

The Young Dems will also see Sargent arriver, director of the Peace Corps and of the Office for Economic Opportunity, Undersecretary of Commerce Franklin D. Roosevelt Jr. '37, Congressmen Hale Boggs (D-La.) and Henry S. Duss (D-Wis.).

Forty YR's will meet with the Republican Congressional Leadership and other members of Congress who are Harvard on April 29 and 30.

No Lobbying

Phyllis R. Cox '67, YD Washington difference Chairman said the trip would give Harvard Democrats "a first and vision of the workings of government." She said that individual YD's would not have much chance to lobby in their own views individually since in the troops will march around to each .

But President David L. McNichol '66 that his club's trip was primarily educational in purpose. "It is hard to us telling Congressman Ford a deal," he said.

During their stay in Washington the Republicans will also take a tour the White House.

No Lobbying

No Lobbying