Runners Expect Easy Win Today

Dartmouth may win the javelin and the 440-yard relay when it takes on the Crimson trackmen in the stadium at 1 p.m. today. But that's probably all.

Track isn't a big-time sport at Dartmouth; Harvard won last spring's contest 126-23. And the Crimson performances in Wednesday's Brown meet confirmed what many of us had suspected all along. This year's squad is a great one.

Wayne Andersen's wind-aided 0:09.6 100 betters the University record. John Bakkensen's 175 ft. discus throw is only 4 ft., 9 in. short of his own Harvard mark, set late in the season last spring. Art Croasdale's hammer toss was a yard short of the 189 ft. throw that won him third place in the 1964 NCAA championships.

Dartmouth's John Worland, a 185-ft. javelin thrower, rates an even shot today against Tony Kilkuskie and Walt Campbell. In the sprint relay, the Indians have registered a 0:42.6, a step faster that Harvard's best of 0:44.1. "We'll see if Jim watts can parlay his superb passing technique into a victory over a quartet that's faster on paper," Coach McCurdy mused yesterday.