Lowell and Dunster Gridders Win; Jumbo Booters Remain Undefeated

Traditional Harvard ideas of sports-manship were shattered yesterday as four House teams, victory assured, continued to pour points on their opponents.

This regrettable lack of restraint was especially evident on the gridiron. Dunster and Lowell Houses, apparently trying to match Harvard's rout of Bucknell, scored 53 and 59 points against Winthrop and Kirkland Houses respectively. Biggest factor in the Lowell triumph was quarterback Joel Cantrick, who threw five scoring passes.

Kirkland Bad

A delighted Lowell athletic secretary, George Olive, exclaimed, "The spectacular thing was how bad Kirkland was."

Winthrop coach Joe Mullin pointed out the extenuating circumstances in his team's failure to score against the Dunster Funsters. "We had a week's lay-off after a heartbreaking 28-26 loss to Kirkland House," he said, "and, after all, Dunster is the most highly touted touch football team this year."

Dunster demonstrated its expertise in the second half by scoring on the first play every time it got the ball.

The soccer victors were only slightly less relentless. Dudley's commuters did their work early in their 4-1 rout of winless Adams House. Three Dudley scores came in the first half as the Adams defenders made the mistake of getting mixed-up in front of the nets.

Eliot Scores

Eliot House made it four in a row by shutting out Quincy House 5-0. The game was scoreless until, with 30 seconds to go in the first half, Eliot scored on a breakaway. Quincy fullback Al Evans explained that although Quincy was outshooting its opponents, the few Eliot shots "just seemed to find a way into the goal every time."