Rockefeller Talk At Dunster House Will Be Picketed

A student-organized picket line will greet David Rockefeller '36 at 8 p.m. Sunday when he arrives at Dunster House to speak on "Corporations and the Ghetto." Rockefeller's appearance is being sponsored by the Dunster House Forum.

The picketers are protesting Rockefeller's financial involvement with the government of South Africa, citing his involvement as "corporate racism."

Rockefeller is the chairman of the board and president of the Chase Manhattan Bank in New York, one of the country's major banking houses. He is also the president of the Harvard Board of Overseers, and chairman of the Visiting Committee of the Economics Department.

Revolving Credit

A leaflet distributed around the University yesterday claimed that Rockefeller's bank provides a revolving credit fund for the government of South Africa.

"It's nice to know" the leaflet added "that Mr. Rockefeller is so concerned details, the Ibis has been frequently considered for major political office.

By mid-afternoon yesterday, Cambridge was buzzing with excitement. To the man on the street, the message was clear: the Ibis's re-entrance into active public life signaled the arrival of a national emergency demanding expert guidance.

Sources closer to the Ibis read into yesterday's move a stern warning against hypocrisy in American life. It is said the Ibis disapproved strongly of the Lampoon's New York Times parody, frowing most particularly on a claim that the word "seized" had been mispelled by intention. Irresponsibility is one thing, the Ibis is said to feel, while patent untruths are quite another