Lightweight Crew to Host M. I. T., Dartmouth Today

By Richard K. Sontgerath

Harvard's lightweight oarsmen will face their most significant challenge of the young season this morning as they take on M.I.T. and Dartmouth on the Charles.

Dartmouth does not figure to be a factor in the race. But the Engineers have the potential to give Harvard's "super boat" a much tougher race than they received from Columbia last week.

Mike Rawney, who last week stroked M.I.T.'s varsity to a one quarter boat length win over Yale, felt that his boat's ability to beat the Crimson depends on its fast start.

Harvard's crew appeared anxious to prove that it is at least as good as last year's undefeated varsity. Tony Brocks, who as a junior is rowing for his second year in the varsity boat, said. "This is our first really tough race this year and want to beat them bad."

One Through Seven

The J. V. lights, with Kim Kiley at stroke, include John Wolz, Charlie Bradshaw, Rudi Reutherford. Jack Meyer. Howie Burnett, Scott Baker. Al Kleindienst at positions one through seven and Jay Galeski at cox.

After drubbing Columbia last week by 34 seconds, the J.V.'s also are anxiously anticipating their first real test.

Junior Howie Burnett, rowing in seat five in the J.V. boat, said of today's race. "M. I. T. is always tough and their trademark is that they never give up."