Yardling Teams Face Princeton Today

Freshmen compete in uneven match ups today as Harvard's powerful Yardling football team clashes with an average squad from Princeton, while the Tigers fine soccer team battles the Crimson's erratic booters this morning in Princeton.

The Yardling gridders 2.1 are coming off a 20 victory over Dartmouth. They have been tough all year and may possibly be the best fresh team in Harvard's history.

Harvard's strengths are a potent, balanced offense and an overall aggressive defense.

Crimson quarterback Pat Lynch directs the Yardling attack supported by a tough offensive line. Lynch has been a reliable clutch performer in each of the freshman contests.

The solid Yardling defense has been superb against both the run and he pass and gave up just ten first downs to Dartmouth in its win over the Big Green two weeks ago.

Princeton, 1-3, can boast no such strength against Navy Last Friday at fumbled three times inside Navy's 10 yard-line en route to a frustrating 10-7 defeat. The loss was the Tigers' third in a row its only win coming in the opening contest against Rutgers.

In soccer the story is somewhat reversed. Princeton's booters are one of the Ivy's finest freshman squads. Freshman soccer has bloomed at Princeton since last year, and Steve Elliott, assistant director of sports information at Princeton, last night called the fresh team "exceptional--they are just as good as the team we had last season and that was an excellent squad."

Although the Harvard booters stands undefeated in the Ivy League, their inconsistency has been obvious. Defeats at the hands of prep powers Andover and Exeter were marred by a lack of cohesiveness and a punchless offense.