Terriers Defeat 'Cliffe Cagers, 41-38

Munnell Leads Scoring With 12

An aggressive Boston University charged back from an eight-point, first-quarter deficit to hand Radcliffe its third straight defeat in the IAB Saturday morning 41:38 Cliffe guard Betsy Munnell captured scoring honors in the game with 12 points.

It appeared in the early going that the Crimson would run away with the game but poor defense and worse foul shooting allowed B.U. to pick up the momentum and take a three-point lead at half-time, 22-19.

After dominating the early scoring, the Crimson was repeatedly caught flat-footed by the Terrior fastbreak led by fancy-dribbling Fisher, who scored 11 points. Radcliffe rebounded poorly, often giving the Terriers two or three opportunities to score. B.U. used a formidable zone defense against the 'Cliffe.

Many Opportunities

B.U. fouled often giving the Crimson many free-throw opportunities, but Radcliffe managed only 2 of 18 from the line Fine outside shooting by Munnell and freshman Carla Giannim kept the 'Cliffe alive in the second half as Radcliffe narrowed the Terrior lead to one during the third quarter. The indomitable Terrior fastbreak broke it open for B.U. in the final minutes as they piled up a six-point margin with one minute to play, 41-35.

Radcliffe Coach John McCarthy was not discouraged by the Crimson loss. "There are some things to work on. We need offensive rebounding and more defensive practice," he said. "But this was our best scoring effort and poor foul shooting was the real cause of the defeat."

Munnell a three-year veteran of the squad, was similarly optimistic. "This is the best team I've played on here and I'm sure we are superior to B.U.," she said. "All we have to do now is reline our game and get some confidence in ourselves."

Radcliffe now has a record on no wins and three losses.