THE STAGE

By Seth M. Kupferberg

Nothing new seems to be opening this weekend, but there are a few things you might have missed.

Scenes from American Life continues to alternate in repertory with Eugene O'Neill's Ah, Wilderness at the BU Summer Repertory Theater, Scenes is just that--a series of 36 of them, to be exact, all having something to do with upper-middle class life in Buffalo. A.R. Gurney, Jr., the author, based this comedy on his own experience, and it extends in time from the Depression to the future. At BU at 8 p.m. Call 363-3392 for information.

Another Part of the Forest, Lillian Hellman's sequel to The Little Foxes (though it takes place 20 years before the first play) continues at the Loeb, at least until tomorrow. At 8 p.m. tonight and at 5 and 9 Saturday. Tickets $5.50 and $6.50, $1 off for Harvard-affiliated people, and $3.75 for students.

Volpene, by Ben Jonson, is another play you might want to catch before it departs July 31. It's being presented at an outdoor theater at 1175 Soldier's Field Road in Allston, Wednesday through Saturday at 8:30. Tickets cost $1.