Freshman Five Trips Brown; Booker Leads Crimson Squad

PROVIDENCE--The Harvard freestyle squad in the second half, and would up man basketball squad led by play of forward Cyrus Booker, outducled a tough. Brown five, 77,70, here last night.

The Crimson cagers held on to a two basket lead at the half, 33-29, as a coach Mike Jarvis's talented squad could not shake the pesky Bruins. Booker led the squad in the second half, and wound up the game's high scoter as well as one of the leading rebounders.

Booker and teammate Steve Irion each hauled down 11 rebounds in the contest. Irion was also one of our Crimson cagers to score in double figures, with 13 points.

Glenn Fine and Roland Smart chipped in 14 and 12 points, respectively, to help defeat the Bruins. Fine shot only three-for-six from the floor, but managed to sink all eight from the charity stripe.

The freshman squad continued its torrid free-throw shooting, sinking 23 of 30, for 76 per cent. Like Fine, Booker also hit on all eight shots, white Smart went two-for-three. Brown, on the other hand, could manage only a .500 average, 8 of 16, accounting for a 15-point Crimson advantage.

Shooting Advantage

Jarvis's quintet also enjoyed a shooting advantage from the floor, hitting for a .482 average, while the Brown team shot only .397. Tom Farrell was Brown's leading scorer with 20 points.

The win boosts the freshman record to 12-1 on the season. The only loss came at the hands of the Northeastern J.V.'s last Saturday. The squad travels to Yale for a game tonight at 6 p.m.