Med Professors To Advise House On Health Bill

The chairman of a congressional subcommittee that will draft comprehensive legislation on national health insurance has invited eight Harvard faculty members to advise the subcommittee when it opens hearings this spring.

Rep. Dan Rostenkowski (D-III.), chairman of the subcommittee on health of the House Committee on Ways and Means, said yesterday he was trying to assemble a group of informal advisers who "know something that the subcommittee should learn about," and who would not represent the interests of the health care and health insurance industries.

Dr. Howard H. Hiatt '46, dean of the School of Public Health, is among 107 "experts" Rostenkowski said he has contacted within the past three weeks to serve on the newly-created advisory panel.

Others named to the advisory panel are: Martin S. Feldstein '61, professor of Economics, Dr. Peter Braun, clinical director for the Center for the Analysis of Health Practices at the School of Public Health, and Dr. John P. Bunker '42, visiting professor of Preventive and Social Medicine, Dr. Paul M. Densen, director of the Center for Community Health and Medical Care, Rashi Fein, professor of the economics of Medicine, Dr. Robert J. Weiss, associate dean for health care planning, and Dr. John E. Wennberg, visiting professor of Preventive Medicine, all at the Medical School.