A Bitter Laugh

To the Editors of The Crimson:

Some of us at the Quad have found this year's brouhaha, the breakfast issue, to be, well, almost amusing. Suddenly, discontent rolls through the campus, activism's rebirth is heralded, Wheatena is a cause celebre, and universal agreement is that Dean Fox is a villain. Well, it seems almost equitable that everyone else in the University has gotten exposed to this man and his methods, because we at the Quad are only too familiar with John Fox. He took the Quad. which was once a strong and supportive community whose sole crime was its not being, and not wanting to be, Harvard, and put the final touches on its dismemberment. It is a shame that it is gone. (Trevor Potter's pathetic defense of the Fox Plan in the Independent, 10/6/77, notwithstanding.) It is most encouraging now to see that everyone else agrees with us about Fox's incorrectness about both means and ends. We were beginning to wonder if our perceptions were distorted--after all, it was so quiet last year when he was doing in the Quad. Robert Sapolsky '78