Local T. V. May Show 'Lost Cookies'

By Dewitt C. Jones

A MIT video production crew is preparing a video tape of a play co-authored by a Harvard undergraduate and hope to show it on local television, Thomas A. Kramer '78, the co-author, said yesterday.

The play, "Lost Cookies," which ran at Eliot House last term, was written last summer by Kramer and Adam Bellows, a Princeton student and son of Nobel Laureate Saul Bellow.

The MIT producers plan to tape the show early in March. Then they plan to edit the show and present it to a local television station for consideration. Kramer said that if the station accepts the play he expects that it will be televised early in April.

The entire original cast, which read through their lines on Tuesday for the first time since the play closed on December 3, will be in the taped production.

Kramer and Antony R. Rudie'79, the producer, were approached by a representative of the group who expressed an interest in video taping the play after seeing the show.

A spokesman for the MIT group said yesterday that it is rare for a student production group to be able to work with an original script.

The play, which depicts the life of four roommates during their freshman year at Harvard, "is somewhat of a universal statement to all college students," he added.

"We really had to push just to get the show on stage so that when we were told about the taping we were somewhat surprised. We were almost skeptical that it would happen," Rudie said yesterday.